This cake “Charlotte pear and chocolate” is quite simple to make and is really good. It will delight your taste buds and those of your guests.
- An electric mixer
- A charlotte mold (of course!)
- 20 spoon cookies “boudoirs” (the number varies depending on your mold)
- 100 gr of dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 25 cl whole cream
- 250 gr pears in syrup (keep the syrup)
- 2gr Agar Agar (natural gelling agent)
- Boil 10cl of pear juice with 2g Agar Agar
- Remove from heat and add the pieces of chocolate, stirring until it melts
- Cool the chocolate (otherwise it will drop the whipped cream when they are mixed)
- Whip whipped cream with electric mixer
- Gently integrate the melted chocolate whipped cream
- Put the chocolate mixture in the fridge 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, lightly soak your biscuits in 10cl of pear juice mixed with 10cl of water
- Arrange the biscuits on the edges of your mold (trick: if need not hesitate to cut the ends of the biscuits but before soaking them, reserve the cut ends).
- Pour half of whipped cream in the mold
- Arrange the sliced pears on the chocolate (remember to keep half a pear to make the pattern on the top of the cake)
- Pour the remaining chocolate-whipped cream
- Arrange the non-soaked biscuits and biscuit bits to make the base
- Place the charlotte in a cool place for at least 2 hours (the best would be a whole night)
- When serving, tip the pan on a plate
- Decorate the top of the charlotte with the half-pear cut (and why not add some chocolate chips!)
Dear Fuzzy, it only remains to wish you a very good appetite with this delicious charlotte pear chocolate!